To be recognised as an excellent Catholic College by expecting the highest standards and, remembering that each one of us was made in the image of God, working to achieve excellence in everything that we do.
Our Mission - De Lisle College will:
- foster the spiritual, academic and social development of our students and all who work in the college so that all may achieve their potential from the gifts God has given them.
- create a centre of excellence and innovation in Secondary Education within Leicestershire and the Catholic Diocese of Nottingham.
- offer to our local community, primary schools, colleges and industry a focus of support for teaching and learning.
- develop, through our curriculum, an enthusiasm for and interest in, all knowledge and learning which will continue with our students throughout their lives, encouraging their desire to explore, understand and grow the kingdom of God.
- By welcoming all students, staff and visitors in the manner that Christ welcomes us, we will nurture the Catholic nature of our college.
- Celebrating, exploring and examining the wonder and awe that comes with the mystery of God’s creation, by promoting, innovative learning and teaching, driving a whole school improvement.
- By stepping forward to meet the challenge of the Gospel to share with and serve others around us, we will strive to play a leading role within the wider community.
- Through exploration of the meaning and understanding of the unique vocations and calling to benefit the common good of all creation, we will help our young people to transition to adult life as confident and well-informed citizens, who can plan and manage their future effectively and with thought for their impact on others and the world.
- Celebrating, growing and promoting the gifts and fruits of the Holy Spirit within our young people through learning, enabling them to raise their academic aspirations and achievements in KS3, KS4 and KS5.
- To use the example of Jesus Christ as a teacher and a leader as a role model to all teaching and support staff who work and live alongside our young people, raising their performance and development.
- With God, who takes delight in beauty and harmony, as our guide, we will continue to improve the daily experience of students and staff by improving our school environment, seeking to enhance learning facilities and play our part in an environmentally conscious work place.
At De Lisle we recognise, not only the importance of helping students to flourish academically but also spiritually, morally, socially and culturally, so they are fully prepared for life in British society and for their role as citizens, able to make the strongest possible contribution to society. We teach the importance of British Values by going much deeper into the meaning of what it means to live a good life, within a framework of Catholic Christian Values. This provides the context and meaning for understanding why British Values are important.