Please click here to view our Data Protection Policy and Privacy Notice.
GDPR Further Information
To comply with the GDPR schools need to collect parents/carers consent where we wish to take photographs and video footage of their children.
We may take photographs of the children in school for our school prospectus, or other printed publications, such as displays and for the school website, for example prom photos, leavers mass. We may also make video or webcam recordings for school-to-school conferences, school performances, monitoring or other educational use.
We may send images to the news media, or our school may be visited by the media who will take their own photographs or film footage (for example, we may have a visiting dignitary or other high profile event). The media may use the images in printed publications (including local or national newspapers), on televised news programmes or on their website.
Parents/carers may refuse consent and are able to withdraw their consent at any time by writing to the school.
Conditions of use:
- The consent is valid for the period of time your child attends this school. Images of your child will not be used after this time without the school gaining further consent.
- The images we take will be of activities that show the school and children in a positive light.
- Embarrassing or distressing images will not be used. The images will not be associated with negative or sensitive issues.
- We may use group or class photographs or footage with very general labels e.g. ‘science lesson’.
- We will only use images of pupils who are suitably dressed.
- We will make every effort to ensure that we do not allow images to be taken of any children for whom we do not have permission or who are ‘at risk’ or disallowed from having their photographs taken for legal or social reasons.
- We will take all reasonable measures to ensure the images are used solely for the purposes for which they are intended. However, we cannot guarantee this and take no responsibility for the way images are used by other websites or publishers or for any consequences arising from publication.
In giving your consent you understand that images may be used in printed and electronic form. The data processors we use for printing are:
- Automedia, Loughborough
- One Stop Promotions, Shepshed
- Yellow Door, Leicester