We are proud of our uniform at De Lisle and we expect all our students to show their pride by wearing the uniform correctly at all times. All students need to be properly dressed in the correct college uniform. The Head Teacher's decision about what is acceptable in terms of dress or appearance is final.
There is an expectation that every student presents him/herself at the beginning and end of every registration and lesson correctly dressed, ready for learning.
If students are incorrectly dressed, parents must send a note to the tutor to explain why and when it will be resolved in order to avoid a sanction beng given to their child.
- Standard college skirt, to be worn at knee length.
- Smart, black tailored trousers.
- Plain white school shirt tucked into trousers or skirt.
- Plain white or black socks or plain, natural or black tights .
- Black blazer with College badge.
- College tie appropriate to key stage.
- (Optional) black V neck cardigan or sweater.
- Smart black school shoes.
- Plain black belt.
Sixth Form Students
All students in years 12 and 13 should wear clothing suitable for a working environment.
Students should not wear:
- Tops, which are low cut/revealing.
- Sports tops including rugby and football shirts, joggers, tracksuits.
- Clothes that are revealing, including midriffs.
- Girls skirts should be no shorter than mid-thigh length.
- Chains that trail from clothing.
- Trousers/jeans that are excessively baggy and trail along the floor.
- Any clothing that is ripped or dirty.
- Unsuitable footwear e.g. very high heels or strappy shoes without an ankle strap.
- Shorts of any description.
- Hats or caps inside the building.
- Any clothing carrying a slogan or logo, which would be considered offensive or distasteful in the context of a Catholic community.
The revised Sixth Form Dress Code from August 2019 is as follows:
The Headteacher's decision about what is acceptable in terms of dress or appearance is final.
- Plain white college PE t-shirt.
- Black reversible rugby shirt.
- Black shorts.
- Black and white socks.
- Sports trainers and/or football/rugby boots.
- Swimming trunks and towel.
- Plain white college PE t-shirt.
- Black games skort or shorts.
- White or black socks.
- Sports trainers.
- One piece swimming costume and towel.
- A change of socks.
Both boys and girls may wear the following (with the College badge optional):
- Plain black hooded top.
- Plain black jogging bottoms.
- Plain black waterproof top for outdoor lessons.
- Plain black tracksuit top.
- Plain black tracksuit bottoms.
- De Lisle football socks.
- White polo shirt.
- Shin pads for hockey, football and rugby lessons.
- (IRB approved) scrum caps and gum shields for rugby lessons.
- A t-shirt and shorts for swimming lessons.
- Swimming goggles.
- Football/rugby boots for sports on grass.
- Girls may wear De Lisle printed Sports Leggings, only available at https://www.exampleschooluniforms.com/de-lisle-college-a-catholic-voluntary-academy-25-c.asp
Physical Education Participation Policy
All students are expected to take a full and active part in PE lessons and must bring a change of kit (that complies with the kit list supplied to parents and carers) to ensure they are fully equipped for the activities taught.
If students are unable to take physical part in PE lessons, for whatever reason, they should bring a medical note or a note from parents/carers, outlining the reason(s) the student cannot take physical part in PE, to their PE teacher. They must also bring a change of kit (that complies with the kit list supplied to parents and carers) so that they can assist with coaching, officiating, helping with equipment and any other reasonable tasks the teacher asks them to do. By bringing a change of kit, students will be dressed appropriately for all potential weather conditions.
If there are any issues that cannot be resolved using the directives above, the Head of Department should be notified.
- No facial piercings.
- Nail varnish if worn, must be discreet.
- Make-up if worn must be discreet.
- Jewellery if worn must be discreet.
- Facial hair should be neat and trimmed.
- Hair - no excessive styles or unnatural colours.
- No hoodies. Sweaters only worn in P.E.
Recommended Uniform Suppliers
In addition to shopping online you can purchase De Lisle uniform in person at the following locations;
Academy School Uniforms have stores in Bulwell (Just-Schoolwear, 289 Main Street Bulwell NG6 8ED) and Arnold (Just-School-Wear, 12 High Street, Arnold NG5 7DZ.
A click and collect service is available for online orders. Academy School Uniforms also run pop up shops at De Lisle College on the following dates for 2017
14 March 2017 4.30pm to 6pm
21 March 2017 4.30pm to 6pm
3 July 2017 4.30pm to 6pm
6 & 7 July 2017 3.30pm to 5.30pm
16 August 2017 10am to 2pm
23 August 2017 10am to 2pm
Rosebuddies Ltd have a stall on Loughborough Market, on a Thurs 7.00 - 13.30pm (3.30pm July and Aug) or Sat 7.00 - 3.30pm. Order online on the link above (we also offer delivery)
Schoolwear Solutions have a store in Leicester The Schoolwear Centre, 40 Humberstone Gate, Leicester LE1 3PJ)
De Lisle College Finance Office - Ties and blazer badges only