Y11 Physical Education
Below you will find information on what you have covered during your course and how you will be assessed.
In my mock examination I will be asked to show I can...
- Identify bones, the functions of the skeleton, and label and explain components of a synovial joint
- Identify muscles of the body and antagonistic pairs
- Analyse movement accurately, including joint actions (flexion, extension, abduction, adduction, rotation, circumduction)
- Identify levers, planes and axes of movement in relation to sport
- Explain the cardio-respiratory system – the pathway of air and gaseous exchange, blood vessels, the structure of the heart and the pathway of blood, cardiac output, mechanics of breathing, spirometer traces
- Evaluate whether exercise is anaerobic or aerobic, including how we recover after exercise using EPOC
- List immediate, short-term and long-term effects of exercise
- Explain components of fitness, linking them to sports
- Explain how to conduct fitness testing and their limitations
- Use principles of training – SPORT FITT – to improve performance
- Evaluate types of training; their advantages and disadvantages
- Explain the relationship between physical, mental and social health and well-being
- Explain the consequences of a sedentary lifestyle and how to prevent it
- Classify obesity and explain the impact on performance
- Evaluate how performers use energy and diet to improve performance.
- Evaluate performance and outcome goals and use the SMART acronym to set goals
Classify skills successfully on gross-fine, open-closed, self-externally paced; basic-complex continua
How will I be assessed?
|Title or Topic||Format||Length||Date|
|Paper 1||Multiple choice, short answer, long answer||75 minutes||Fri 26 Nov 1.40pm|
|Paper 2||Multiple choice, short answer, long answer||75 minutes||Thu 2 Dec 9am|
What should I do to revise and prepare for this assessment?
To prepare for this assessment:
- Use the knowledge organisers in your Paper 1 and 2 work booklets to revise key words and definitions; look, cover, write, check
- Use GCSE pod for short video revision to help you consolidate key words and definitions
- Use exam questions and mark schemes to familiarise yourself with terminology
What useful websites/resources could I use to help me prepare?
GCSE Pod videos are a great way to consolidate key knowledge.
Past exam papers and mark schemes.
Past papers and mark schemes can be viewed here: https://bit.ly/3lspbwb