Below you will find information on what you have covered during your course and how you will be assessed.
In my mock examination I will be asked to show I can...
- Outline/ draw The multistore model of memory
- Explain Types of amnesia
- Give details for Bartlett’s study on reconstructive memory
- Explain reasons for Obedience
- Explain what is meant by Locus of control
- Give evaluations of Milgram’s study
- Explain Types of anti-depressants
- Give details for Genetic explanation of uni-polar depression
- Outline CBT as a treatment
- Explain Reliability and validity
- Outline Lab, field and natural experiments, including strengths and weaknesses for each
- Explain Types of observations
- Find the range, mean, median and mode
- Find and explain functions of different areas of the brain
- Describe/draw Synaptic transition
- Explain Strengths and weaknesses of the case of Phineas Gage
- Details for EPQ, including strengths and weaknesses, relating to a new situation
- Explain Biological explanations to Criminal behaviour
- Token economy as a treatment to recidivism
Sleep and Dreaming
- Explain Stages of sleep
- Give details on Internal influences on sleep: circadian rhythms
How will I be assessed?
|Title or Topic||Format||Length||Date|
|Paper 1 – 1PS0/01||Written paper||60 minutes||Fri 26 Nov 1.40pm|
|Paper 2 – 1PS0/02||Written paper||30 minutes||Tue 30 Nov 1.40pm|
What should I do to revise and prepare for this assessment?
To prepare for this assessment:
- Read over notes
- Read over the spec and highlight areas you are unsure of
- Do not revise content you are confident on.
- Read through your notes and make revision cue cards. This does not mean writing everything out in full, in smaller writing and on a small card. Condense your notes.
What useful websites/resources could I use to help me prepare?
How to Revise for GCSE Psychology | Quizlet - make sure you click on Edexcel