De Lisle College is a place of discipleship where every achievement is celebrated, and all students learn how to serve others. De Lisle College is a place where students have the opportunity to put their faith into action.
Our college motto, “Quod justum, non quod utile,” aptly encapsulates the ethos of De Lisle College. We translate it as: “Do what is right, not what is easy.” De Lisle College is an excellent school, I am extremely proud of its outstanding reputation, it is consistently ranked as one of the highest performing comprehensive schools in the region.
The development of the ‘whole’ child is of paramount importance and whilst the academic experience is vitally important, we are also acutely aware of the need to prepare our students to become young adults, so working in partnership with our parents we have a college culture that enables this to happen:
- an environment that develops our student’s spirituality and discipleship.
- an environment that is safe and welcoming.
- an environment that promotes outstanding behaviour and manners.
- an environment of outstanding teaching and learning.
- an environment that enables all students to flourish academically, socially and creatively.
It is almost impossible to describe in a few words, the welcoming and energising atmosphere which prevails in all areas of the college whether in the classroom, corridors or outside areas, which is why we welcome visits to the college so that you can experience at first hand this truly special place!
With my very best wishes,
Mr C Maher – Headteacher