School meals will give your child a real appetite for learning and help them to achieve their full potential.
If you are entitled to one of the following benefits, you may be entitled to claim:
- income support
- income based jobseeker’s allowance
- income related employment support allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- child tax credit, provided you are not entitled to working tax credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- guarantee element of state pension credit
You may or may not be aware that claiming your entitlement to a free school meal also now guarantees your child access to additional funding which could help with the purchase of uniform, school equipment and contributions to school trips.
If you live in Leicestershire please visit the Leicestershire CC website